Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I Need A Different Hobby

This post has nothing to do with agriculture, but it is important to have a pastime that you enjoy outside of work.  We are all busy people and it is very easy to not take time and have some fun away from the farm.
Most people have interesting hobbies like woodworking, gardening, golf or collecting antique tractors.  My hobby (?) in the spring and summer  is running.  Here I am near the finish line of the 8 km South Huron Trail run in support of Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Huron county.


Looks like fun eh?  Yeah, right.
As a footnote, I want to mention an old friend, Mark Kennedy, who I bumped into at the race.  I haven't seen Mark for a while and I almost didn't recognize him because he has lost 60 lbs since taking up running 3 years ago.  That takes some serious dedication and drive.  Hats off to Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment