Thursday, February 17, 2011

Glyphosate Resistance

Weed resistance to glyphosate is a topic that we all need to be mindful of and from my experience a lot of my customers take this question seriously.
Now there is a website that allows us to measure the risk of glyphosate resistance occurring on our farms. 

http://www.weedtool.com/

You answer a list 10 questions about your herbicide management and at the end you see a sliding scale that indicates the relative risk of glyphosate resistance developing using your actual herbicide program.  When I answered the survey it indicated I had low risk of gyphosate resistance happening.  This is not surprising to me because I rotate crops and herbicide families and never rely on glyphosate as a stand alone treatment.  But with any herbicide there is no such thing as no risk.

Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment