Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Time For A Break

Harvest is pretty much complete in our neighbourhood.  The bins are more than full.  The manure tanks are getting empty.  The snow will soon fly.

Don Weaver, my ever so helpful Area Manager for Pioneer, expects me to spend the next month selling seed and inoculants.  I also expect me to spend the next month selling seed and inoculants.  For these reasons I am going to take a short break from blogging.   
It has been a great experience trying to share thoughts and ideas as they happen.  I hope if my readers haven't learned anything, at least they may have been slightly entertained with my thin sense of humour.

Here are some of my favourite photos from this past year.


My CCA Award last January.


The birth of our grandson, Hayden Brian.



During a political trip to the Ontario Legislature, Cathy sat in the Speaker of the House chair.  She looks very regal.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR.  



There is corn planted under this lake.


Silt loam soil is not supposed to crack open like this.


The sun shone and the crops grew.



Then a wind storm ruined a few fields.



A rainbow appeared.


We had to buy a bigger weigh wagon to hold all the corn.



One happy little bull calf.  We couldn't ask for more.

See you in a few weeks.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment