Saturday, May 19, 2012

Just Another Day

Today is my birthday.  When you are involved in production agriculture, a mid-May birthday goes by without too much thought.  It is just another day.  Normally there are crops to plant, seed to deliver and fields to walk.  There is not much time to think about anything else.  This year is unique.  Everyone is either done or just wrapping up the spring planting work.  The only exception is a small acreage of edible beans.  Being able to sit still and reflect on May 19 is a totally new experience for me.

If you are wondering how old I am, I was born the in the same year as
1.TV shows, Wagon Train, Perry Mason and Maverick made their first appearance.
2.The Brooklyn Dodgers played their last game at Ebbets field.
3.Montreal won the Stanley Cup, (again).
4.Sputnik I and Sputnik II were launched by the USSR
5.The first frisbee was made. 

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment